Saturday, September 22, 2007

Great Run Today---Two Weeks to Go

Had an excellent run today. Temps were perfect (40s at the start) and Jen and I pounded out 15 sub-9:45 miles and ended with the last mile in 8:20. That’s crazy fast for a last mile and we both felt great.

Following last week’s issues during the 20 miler, I altered my tactics a bit and took much less water and Gatorade during the run today. And, I only did one PowerGel, at 10 miles, instead of doing one every five miles. That strategy seemed to work. I’m going to duplicate that during our last long run (“only” 10 miles) next Saturday and apply it to the race as well.

Two weeks to go and we’re beginning to fine-tune our pre-race strategy regarding sleep, nutrition, travel, rest, etc. More on that shortly. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home