Friday, February 29, 2008

Baby Coming

No, not for us. :)

My sister recently announced that she’s pregnant. For her and her husband, it was the culmination of nearly three years of trying. She told me over the phone a number of weeks ago, necessitated by our most recent family gathering being a little too early and our next visit being a little too late. I was smiling like an idiot and, truth be told, a little teary eyed at the same time.

Since the news broke, it’s been a nice emotional exercise for me just to think about the coming baby when my mood isn’t the greatest. When I’m cranky. Pissed off at work. Hands full with my own kids. It just takes a moment for me to think “ahhh, Claire’s pregnant” and my emotional barometer seems to reset.

She and her husband are going to make wonderful parents. They’ve watched our kids numerous times over the last four years and they have an inate ability to make both of them laugh, especially four-year old Alex. When Alex spent a weekend alone with them when he was about 2 ½ and came home with the phrase “What up dog?” firmly embedded in his vocabulary, thanks to crazy Uncle Tom, I knew he was in good hands.

Both Claire and Tom have wonderful personalities, a lot of zest for living and lots of love to give. This coming baby, boy or girl, is going to be a lucky child. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home