Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Kickoff of 108 Days to the Finish Line

Well, our 16-week Chicago Marathon training program kicked off yesterday and this year I’ve decided to do something different as we embark upon our quest for our fourth finisher’s medal. In the past, I’ve written long, post-race essays after the races. I detailed the drama of 2007’s heat wave, which you can read about HERE, or my knee injury and subsequent training hiatus and march across the finish line in 2008, which you can read about HERE.

Not this year. This year, I’m hoping for no drama. No major incidents. For once, I'd like an incident-free training and race experience.

So, I will attempt to blog every day and provide the training minutiae that details what it’s like to put your body, and mind, through 16 weeks of progressively longer training runs and everything that comes with it.

I’ll cover the miles, the soreness, the frustration, the boredom, the pain, the fun, the nutrition, the blisters, the chafing, the Gatorade, the camaraderie, the PowerGel and, I hope, the incredible feeling of crossing that finish line in Grant Park and enjoying the weight of a medal around your neck.

It’s 108 days to go until we toe the line in Chicago’s Grant Park with 45,000 other crazies at 7:30 a.m. on October 12.

I hope you’ll come along. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home