Thursday, July 30, 2009

T-Minus 72 Days and Counting. . .

After a light cross-training day on Wednesday with a quick warm up on the track followed by upper-body weights, I headed back out on the road today for the 5-mile tempo run. Turned out I had to do a little Zen running, after I left my watch at home. Headed out on the bike path to do 2 miles out and back after waiting out the rain with one mile on the track in 8:40.

Based on my turnover and respiratory rate, I think I was able keep up about the 8:45 pace I needed. Felt great during the whole run. Temps were fairly cool and the winds were light, making for a good run all the way around.

We're planning a point-to-point 15 miler for Saturday. Looking forward to that kind of route, for a change, as all of our long runs so far have been either loops or straight out and backs. Point-to-points can be a little easier, psychologically, in that every step you take gets you one step closer to the finish. As I've written before, at least 75 percent of this crazy training is mental and I need every advantage I can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home