Thursday, July 16, 2009

T-Minus 86 Days and Counting. . .

After the tough 13-miler last Friday, we hit the road to Mackinac Island for some R & R. Did some easy biking while we were there, which was good recovery cross training after a difficult run.

Back at it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to rip off a blazing 3 miles in 25:06, much faster than I expected. Had planned to just go easy after the layoff but after hitting the first mile in 8:40 with little effort, I just kept picking it up and the run really came to me. Temps were a little hot, which made it all the more surprising. In the end, I'll take it.

Did an easy 8:25 on the track tonight just to warm up for upper weights. Felt pretty good after being out of the weight room for more than a week. Finding more and more that some of these longer recovery periods are really beneficial, rather than detrimental. The extra rest really does seem to rejuvenate me and help me recover from the tough workouts. Going to try to do a few easy miles tomorrow in preparation for Saturday's 10 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home