Friday, August 14, 2009

T-Minus 57 Days and Counting. . .

Could have used little pre-run counseling on Wednesday as we geared up for our 10-mile tempo jaunt. Had had a bad day at work and was about as unmotivated as possible for a long run. I knew we had to do it, figured I'd feel better after it was done but just could not summon the will to want to do it.

Jen and I pushed off and the first few miles were just mental torture. Oh, my new shoes felt great but I was having iPod Shuffle issues and just didn't want to be out there. Finally got the Shuffle to work, which is no small feat while running, and my mood slowly started to improve. We were set to run 9:15 pace and we held right around that for most of the run. The black cloud seemed to lift with about 2.5 miles to go and I actually clocked the last mile in 8:40, which was surprising considering my mood.

Not sure what it was; maybe a bit of burnout, maybe a bad day at work, maybe the fact that we've had a couple of tough weeks of training. Whatever it was, it seems to have passed and I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's 13 mile long run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home