Sunday, February 25, 2007

Caught in the Act of Reading

The Library of Congress
What a nice problem to have. After putting our 3-year old to bed tonight and messing around downstairs, I went back upstairs to do a little work. I'd heard some commotion from his room and figured he was up to something.
As I snuck back upstairs, I heard something. Looked in through the crack in the door and he was sitting up, illuminated by the light of his play fish tank, "reading" a book to himself. I could hear him mentioning trucks and bananas and other miscellaneous items he was describing from the pages.
As I turned away, the floor creaked and he looked up. I turned on the light in my office and then went back into the room. He was under the covers, no book in sight.
"Were you reading?" I asked. "You saw me reading?" he asked. "I sure did. I'm glad you like to read," I said. "I do like to read," he answered.

Hug for son and departure for a happy Dad. Life, at the moment, is good. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home