Saturday, March 10, 2007

More than a Feeling

The passing of Brad Delp yesterday, lead singer of the 1970s super group Boston, is one of those celebrity deaths that actually made me do more than go, “Oh, that’s too bad.”

Of course, his death doesn't affect me personally. And, sure, Boston hasn't had a huge album in years. But, something about his death, at just 55, caught me. I think it was the realization that Boston was one of those bands where I had every album and enjoyed almost every song they recorded. This, despite the fact that I was barely alive when they were hugely popular. I actually came to their music in my teens when their status as a super group was waning.

More than a Feeling is their seminal work and, probably, the song for which the band is most well known. Something about the lyrics seem to touch me; a self-described music addict.

When I'm tired and thinking cold
I hide in my music, forget the day.

Can’t say it much better than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home