Tuesday, August 25, 2009

T-Minus 46 Days and Counting. . .

Rather uneventful day today as I tackled my 8 x 800s. Jen did hers later in the evening so I was flying solo. Had some sun and the temps were up a bit but it wasn't that much of a factor.

Surprised that I felt as good as I did after the tough 18 miles on Saturday. Find that mentally and physically these intervals are often tough coming off the weekend long runs. My body feels like a car that's been left outside on a cold winter day. Cranky to start and needing a long time to warm up.

Did about a quarter mile warmup on the riverfront path, stretched and jumped right into it. Stayed on sub-4 minute pace the entire set, with the fastest at 3:51 and the slowest a 3:58. Legs felt pretty good. No issues with the left ankle tendons and my right hamstring, usually about as tight as piano wire, caused me no problems.

Going to try to hit the bike tomorrow night, with the the 5-mile tempo run set for Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home