Friday, September 11, 2009

T-Minus 29 Days and Counting. . .

Had a crazy week and, again, have been lax with the blogging. Cranked out my 5-mile tempo run in 42:50 on Wednesday, with the last in 8:05 without too much effort. I felt a little sluggish for the first couple of miles, which I pinned on the extended layoff following our 20 miles on Saturday. However, the last two miles felt great and had no issues with any kind of pain, surprisingly.

We head to Madison tonight and will be doing 15 miles tomorrow along Lake Monona. It's Ironman Wisconsin Triathlon weekend so I'm pumped about soaking up the vibe tomorrow as the city gets ready for Sunday's race. Puts me in a completely different frame of mind when we get to run in a different city.

On another note, we're now four weeks away from the race and are heading into an important time. We've been a little lax with our cross-training lately due to numerous outside activities with kids and my school and it's been a little nuts. We'll be re-focusing on that beginning Monday so we make sure that we head into the race completely ready to go. Now is not the time to lose focus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home