Thursday, July 02, 2009

T-Minus 100 Days and Counting. . .

It was an optimal day for running as we headed off on our 12-mile journey along the Rock River this morning. Parked at Cliffbreakers and did 3.5 to the Y, grabbed a quick shot of water and headed back. Took gel at 7 and then headed north for 2.5 and then the turnaround back to the car.

Legs were very heavy during the last two miles. Though, as I said to Jen, my legs felt heavy last week between miles 8 and 10. This week it was between 10 and 12. So, as we've seen before, this program works. Feels good to start getting into the longer runs and build up that mileage.

One final thought is this: every time we head out on these long runs, I seriously question whether I'm going to finish that day. Yet, inevitably, I do, despite feeling like crap during the first couple of miles or suffering through tired legs during the last. It's that psychological battle that makes this training so tough. You question your ability, but in the end it's just the simple matter of putting one foot in front of the other and doing it. I know I can do it. It's just a question of asking myself how badly I want to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home